Monday 8 August 2022

Dickie's Diary - Fun With a Flirt Pole

Hello pupsters. It’s Dickie Hill back again, and as usual, I’ve been busy learning new things. 

Today mum said we were going to play with the flirt pole. I didn’t know what that was, but all sorts of fun images passed through my mind. When mum brought it out, it turned out to be a fluffy duck like the one I cuddle up to in my bed at night, but it attached to a long pole by elastic. I grew quite excited when I saw it and thought how much fun we were going to have. 

It was even better than I thought as mum made the duck come alive. It flew and ran across the floor - daring me to chase it. Of course I did as I’m a big brave boy, and with my super slow-mo speed I felt sure it didn't stand a chance. I feel rather silly admitting that the duck out witted me. Just when I prepared to pounce, he quickly moved out of the way. Over and over again I tried but soon realised I needed to be clever, and rethink my game. 

As much as I hate to admit it, and even with my super speed,  Daffy duck proved too quick for me. Besides, he could fly. I'm sure you'll agree that's cheating.  Stopping for a moment to devise a new plan, mum suddenly shouted “get it!” and Daffy Duck came flying towards me. 

After I'd dragged him away and played for a while, mum said “leave it”. That meant I had to drop whatever was in my mouth. Even though I'm usually having a great time at the time,  I did usually receive a special treat for doing as she instructed. Mum took Daffy Duck and once I'd finished my treat. she brought him to life again. Naturally I gave chase and I nearly got him that time - because I am fast, but he cheated and flew off again. 

I stopped again to consider how best to catch him, and again my mum said “get it” and Daffy Duck came flying towards me. After we did the swapsie again (treat for duck) I realised something. When I stopped chasing him, he came to me! 

What a great game. Mum said it is a learning game. It teaches me impulse control. Well, it certainly takes a lot of control not to chase him for sure. Once we repeated it several times, I decided to sit and wait for mum to start the game again. This worked because mum immediately brought him to life again. I was too smart for him now though. I knew if I didn’t chase him he would come to me. How clever am I? Mum says I’m a clever Dick. Of course I am. It seems all of mum's games are to teach me something but it’s still a lot of fun. I think it’s my sprinkles time now so I have to go. Love Dickie 🐾🐾🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment