Friday 5 August 2022

100 Days with 100 Dogs: Day 7 - Tia Meets Elda

A week into our 100 Days with 100 Dogs feature and that wonderful character Tia makes her appearance. About a fifth of the dogs in our care can't be responsibly rehomed due to their special care needs - whether medical or behavioural. Others require extensive rehabilitation before they can be considered for adoption, usually because they've been so traumatised by their experiences.

Tia's already one of our more famous residents with her cheeky character, and Elda is now starting to find herself as she grows more confident after spending two years in police custody.

Tia Meets Elda

Hello pupsters. Tia here with a quick pupdate. I'm sorry you haven't heard from me for a while. I have had lots of stories to tell but the hooman keeps saying she is too busy to listen. Really. She need to spend a day as me and then she will see what busy means. I don't stop all day. 

Well, the big story of the day is that I met Elda for the first time. She seems nice and I think we can be friends. She is older than me but not as experienced. I mean, she has been here for months and she's still not jumping up at the hooman and grabbing her. I think I will have to teach her a few things. 

I didn't think I was going to like her because I heard she had rubbed noses with my Rodney. She really doesn't want to go down that path. I told the hooman she'd best introduce her to Bruce.  I'm told she's a quick learner, and I guess we'll find out.

I am told that Welfare now have over 100 dogs like me to care for. They need fundraising ideas so they can pay for our kennels. There is a new group called "Friends of GSD Welfare"  if you haven't already joined please think about doing so. It's just £3 a month. That's only a cup of coffee to you, but to dogs like me and Elda, that could feed us for 3 days. 

I heard the hooman and another hooman went and rattled tins for people to put money in. Wellie, Ada and Dickie went with them. I have offered to go next time and sell kisses but the hooman says it might cost more in legal fees with the sort of kisses I give. I try to help but I am so unappreciated.  

You can sponsor me or Elda and be our friend for just £20 per year.  I will let you know how I get on selling my kisses and how I get on with Elda. I can hear my Rodney calling so must go. Bye for now. Love Tia 💖💖💖

You can become a Friend of GSD Welfare here https://gsdwelfare.blogspot.com/p/become-friend-of-gsd-welfare.html and help fund cohntinued care for Elda, Tia and all the others.

If you'd like to sponsor one of our dogs then visit here to learn more https://gsdwelfare.blogspot.com/p/sponsor-our-dogs.html

  


No comments:

Post a Comment