Sunday 27 February 2022

Tia's Pupdates - Dognapped! Again!

Me re-enacting how I survived in the wild
Although life's so different now, I still shudder when remembering those times before my new hooman mum. I did say that I'd share and I'm told that it would be cathartic for me, but everyone knows that you can't trust a word that begins with C-A-T. But a promise is a promise, so here we go, we're nearly up to date now anyway.

Over the next 8 days, I roamed across many different fields. My situation terrified me at every turn, and so I fled at any sign of danger. And for me at that point everything represented a threat. I kept seeing the hooman, more so than anything else - it seemed like she hunted me, and so I I made sure to stay clear of her. 

I had to. If she had more of them treats, then I may have been tempted because I hadn’t eaten for so long that my tummy rumbled if a wild beast itself. I needn’t have worried because when I didn’t approach her, she left food and drink. Of course I investigated  and discovered what shed left. They became my lifeline and kept me moving and staying safe.

On the eighth day the hooman returned. As before she didn’t try to come near me, and also left me more food. I waited for her to go and then went to investigate. The fish smelled delightful, so much so that I missed the trap around me until too late. Caged I could only wait until the hooman returned. No opportunity for escape presented itself, and I feared what might happen. So I squeezed my fear tightly into a desperate fierceness  presented in sharp barks and bared teeth.. It seemed to work as she kept her distance. Instead she continued to wait, which struck me as  strange. 

After some time, and the people that had taken me from my home arrived. Oh no! This clearly meant trouble for me. What if they made me go back to that big scary dog! There was no two ways about it. I had to show them I really meant business. The hooman maintained her distance and watched the other people. She appeared a bit worried. Not as worried as me though - I can tell you!. The people wrote on some paper and then they got in their car and drove off. The lone hooman female's body tension dropped, and she smiled. She showed no teeth, but even so I realised that I was now owned by a new hooman. She wasted no time and with the help of another hooman who'd lurked even further away, they lifted the crate and placed me in the van. 

I was being dognapped. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment