Friday 18 February 2022

Tia's Pupdates - Start at the Beginning

Yesterday I promised you my life story, and that  was easy to say into a mic (I do like how shapes appear on the hooman glowy box when I do that), but the reality of remembering and sharing is not so easy. However a bitch's word is her bond - more so than you can imagine and so we start at the beginning.

A lady bought me as a young pup, and she wanted me to be a guard dog. She wanted me to be big, brave, strong, and fierce. I tried, honest I did - I'm no slacker despite what some hooman might say, but really, I lacked the traits she expected of me. 

The lady never introduced me to things, so everything I encountered frightened me, and I barked but not through courage - simply fear of the unknown surrounding me at every waking moment. Still a pup, I still lacked size and strength. 

One day, some people came to the house and the lady handed them my lead and they put me in their car. They hadn’t spent any time getting to know me, so remained a confusion of unrecognised features and scents. Petrified into submission I didn’t dare bark this time. I lay still and wondered what would become of me. 

After a long journey we arrived at a house. The drive must have lasted two hours, or maybe more, but in my fear I couldn't be certain. They opened the car door, the biggest dog I'd ever seen waited for me.

I reacted instantly not knowing why these strange hoomans had brought me to this great beast, only knowing that I needed to flee to be safe.  I leapt out and ran for my life. Who knows what these people were going to do to me? Escape offered my only chance for survival, so I ran into a field and hid.

These humans continued looking for me but every time they came  near me, I showed them my teeth and pretended how fierce I could be. That worked and I must have looked big, brave, and strong then because they left. I did it. If only my owner could have seen me then. Maybe she would not have sent me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment