Tuesday 22 February 2022

Tia's Pupdates - Stalked in the Fields

I had to pause for this moment. At the time it almost consumed me with terror, and that seems silly reflecting back. How could I have known otherwise? After all I'd never really known  love or care from a hooman!

A couple of hours after my bold escape, the lady hooman arrived. I saw her enter the field and she must have thought herself smart because she'd brought treats with her. That wouldn't work now that I was big, brave, and strong. Although an undercurrent of fear lurked beneath my fierceness, so I ran, and she couldn’t catch me.

Over the next eight days I roamed around the different fields. I ran every time I saw anyone or anything, nothing and no-one could be trusted. I knew that I could keep myself safe, if only I knew what to do!  I'd gained my bravery, but even in my inexperienced  youth I realised that wouldn't be enough.

I regularly observed the lady hooman as she stalked me, but I always maintained my distance. I had to. If she had more of them treats, I might have succumbed to temptation.  I hadn’t eaten for so long my tummy rumbled, and my strength faded. I needn’t have worried because after I evaded her on numerous occasions, she left some food and drink. I'd never experienced such overwhelming delight after eating and drinking. I felt a bit stronger - I could survive forever like this!

On the eighth day, the hooman returned. Again. She didn’t try to come near me, but simply left me more food. I waited for her to leave and then  investigated. The lovely fishy aromas beguiled me, and while so eager to eat the fish I missed the signs of the danger around me. I hadn’t noticed the surrounding cage and the door had had already closed. 


Very shortly after, the hooman was back. Trapped in the cage I couldn't run, so I barked with all my might and flashed my teething. She didn't react, and just waited with dreadful patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment