Thursday 21 April 2022

Dickie's Diary - Four on the Floor

Hello pupsters. It’s Dickie here. I hope you are all getting lots of treats for being  good. My mum told me what a good boy I am this morning. I love being told that - it makes me so excited!   

It was a bit of a strange play time. The sun shone brightly, and spring smelt strong and fresh in the air. Well, that’s not quite true as I'm sure the springs were in my legs. I almost bounced, so full of energy and fun, and I really wanted to start a game with mum. She obviously didn’t feel the same as she didn’t join in. In fact she wanted to know if I'd eaten jumping beans for breakfast. How silly is that?  She knows what I'd eaten for breakfast!  

She then changed her mind, and we started playing a different game. Mum called it "Four on the Floor". We have played it before from time to time, but not as much as we did this morning. Mum is crafty though, as she didn’t tell me the rules. I still wanted to play spring legs, although I soon realised that wasn't how to play this game.

It always worried me when mum didn't respond. It's OK though, as I knew it meant that I needed to use my cleverness and discover what she expected me to do. I soon worked out that when I wasn’t jumping up I got a treat or fuss.  

What not as exciting as playing spring legs, the treats tasted yummy and more than made up for it.  I tried sneaking in the odd jump, but the treats immediately stopped. Such a shame. So I sopped jumping again, and the treats resumed. And before I knew it, mum stopped instructing me and I'd learned the rules. Mum seems to like this game, so I'm sure she'll want to play again. Next time I'll earn more tastiness as I know the rules. It's almost too easy!  

Lots of love Dickie 🐾🐾🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment