Tuesday 22 March 2022

Dickie's Diary - Loose Lead Training


Hello pupsters. Dickie Hill here once again. I’ve had such a busy day today.  Mum's taught me loose lead walking. This is a tricky one because it’s so easy to get excited and want to rush where I am going. It's natural - I'm the fastest, so should go fast. 

Thankfully it seems that I don’t have to walk by her side (she says that’s a bit boring and restrictive for me) but I mustn't pull the lead tight. Whilst the lead is loose I receive lots of praise so I know I'm a good boy, and cream cheese. Cream cheese is the best - I don't mind walking at a slow hooman pace for tasty creamy cheese!

She uses the clicker thing and every time it makes the click noise I'm given a treat. If I get a bit excited and the lead goes tight she stops walking and there is no click noise or treats. If I say so myself, I am really good at this. That is the simple part really. 

The confusing bit is that I'm supposed to continue walking and not take notice of everyone around me.  They must be in on the training because they make it more difficult as they'll sometimes call me or try to make a fuss of me. Naturally I think that means I should go and see them but mum only allows that once she's given the cue to do so. I don’t really understand why this is but I’m sure I will learn in time and my mum is usually right about these things. She also says things that caused me to rethink the strangers working with her - she probably thinks I don't understand some of those words - but I'm a clever dog and I do.    

There's just do much to learn! Lots of love Dickie 🐾🐾🐾 

No comments:

Post a Comment