Tuesday 1 March 2022

Dickie's Diary - New Home, New Rules

The GSD Welfare lady took me home and there were lots and lots of other dogs there. I'll admit to being a bit worried, but I couldn't show them in case they thought I was silly. My mum didn’t let them come near me though, and she said that I needed time to settle first. That pleased me as by then I may have grown some. 

The first day passed in a strange manner. Although my mum seemed nice and already filled a huge part of my being, I missed all my brothers and sisters. I also missed snuggling up together. Instead, now I slept alone. A teddy at night to cuddle and a cloth smelling of my new mum provided company, but it wasn’t the same. 

Also, I'd always toileted whenever I felt the need. Now, mum seemed to want me to go while I outside. That's so much effort just to go for a pee, much easier to just let it out.

She fills my heart with joy, but also manages to confuse often. 

Thanks for reading pupsters and we'll carry on my story very soon - I can't wait to share some of the cool stuff I'm learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment