Friday 18 March 2022

Dickie's Diary - Sensory Ladders

Hello pupsters. It’s me, Dickie and here we have a memory from when I first started living with my new mum. It seems so long ago now - it must be weeks and weeks!

I have started training now. Well, to be honest I started training the day I arrived at my new home. It’s very strange though because I am not doing sits and other silly commands. My mum says it’s more important that I learn life skills and all the rest will folllow. This means being able to remain calm when in the presence of other dogs and people. Walking on different surfaces so I will be confident when I encounter new surfaces in the future. Walking nicely on my harness and lead and Four on the Floor (mum says that’s an important one). 

When I do sit or lie down, I receive something very tasty, but my mum doesn’t ask me to do that yet. She said that will come later but at the moment she wants to prepare me for everyday life. She also plays a recording of loud noises and bangs, which wasn't at all scary the first time I can tell you.

I've have met other dogs, but my mum only allows me to meet calm dogs. She doesn’t want me getting hurt accidentally and thereby making me worried about other dogs. That has been a lot of fun and I'm sure I'll soon be the best at this training. I'll let you know when I am.

Lots of love. Dickie Hill ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment