Thursday 3 March 2022

Tia's Pupdates - My New Home

My first foray out of the kennel
Hi everypawdy - Tia here with the conclusion to how I now live with the GSD Welfare Fund. I hope you enjoyed it, because it wasn't at all catty-tartic like I'd been told. Luckily for the hooman I'm too polite to say "I told you so".

We drove for a while and eventually arrived at a house. I heard lots of dogs barking but I couldn’t see any yet. It didn't sound welcoming and my fierceness and bravery had long slipped away. 

They carried the crate out from the van and placed it in front of a kennel. Before opening the cage door, they poked wire through the bars at me. What were they playing at?! Oh no! I bet they wanted me to be one of those dancing bears. Some bravery returned with that thought - they could think again! I was no dancing bear! So I pulled away from the wire, and the harness that I had been wearing since I left my original home slipped off in a flash of pain. But after that pain came soothing relief even though I was sore and bleeding underneath where the harness had rubbed me since my initial escape.

With the harness removed, they opened the cage, and I ran straight into cool darkness of the inviting kennel. The hooman didn’t follow, and didn't approach closer except to deliver food. This routine continued for a couple of days. She talked to me as she came by, and tossed treats for me but kept her distance and try didn’t try encouraging me to come closer. 

They were tasty treats too. Sosagies and chimkin. I can almost taste them just by thinking of them!  As far as I was concerned she could toss as many as them as she liked. On the fifth day I summoned my bravery and decided to approach her and see if she would be friends with me. It wouldn’t hurt to have the hooman as a friend if she had plenty chimkin for me. This went really well, and I realised that felt safe with her. 

She never asked me to do anything or didn’t try to do anything to me without me instigating it. The hooman can be a bit annoying at times. She isn’t much fun either, but I know she loves me.

Well that's my story and I appreciate my hooman assistant editing out that last part before posting it. We don't need the hooman to know everything - she needs to work at it. Anyway, back soon with some more fun adventures. Love Tia 

No comments:

Post a Comment